How Is Catheter Ablation Used in the Management of AF?
1. Hussein A, Das M, Chaturvedi V, Asfour IK, Daryanani N et al. (2017) Prospective use of Ablation Index targets improves clinical outcomes following ablation for atrial fibrillation. J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol 28 (9): 1037-1047.
2. Taghji P, El Haddad M, Phlips T, Wolf M, Knecht S et al. (2018) Evaluation of a Strategy Aiming to Enclose the Pulmonary Veins With Contiguous and Optimized Radiofrequency Lesions in Paroxysmal Atrial Fibrillation: A Pilot Study. JACC Clin Electrophysiol 4 (1): 99-108.
3. Phlips T, Taghji P, El Haddad M, Wolf M, Knecht S et al. (2018) Improving procedural and one-year outcome after contact force-guided pulmonary vein isolation: the role of interlesion distance, ablation index, and contact force variability in the ‘CLOSE’-protocol. Europace 20 (FI_3): f419-f427.
4. Solimene F, Schillaci V, Shopova G, Urraro F, Arestia A et al. (2019) Safety and efficacy of atrial fibrillation ablation guided by Ablation Index module. J Interv Card Electrophysiol 54 (1): 9-15.
5. Di Giovanni G, Wauters K, Chierchia GB, Sieira J, Levinstein M et al. (2014) One-year follow-up after single procedure Cryoballoon ablation: a comparison between the first and second generation balloon. J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol 25 (8): 834-839.
6. Jourda F, Providencia R, Marijon E, Bouzeman A, Hireche H et al. (2015) Contact-force guided radiofrequency vs. second-generation balloon cryotherapy for pulmonary vein isolation in patients with paroxysmal atrial fibrillation-a prospective evaluation. Europace 17 (2): 225-231.
7. Lemes C, Wissner E, Lin T, Mathew S, Deiss S et al. (2016) One-year clinical outcome after pulmonary vein isolation in persistent atrial fibrillation using the second-generation 28 mm cryoballoon: a retrospective analysis. Europace 18 (2): 201-205.
8. Guhl EN, Siddoway D, Adelstein E, Voigt A, Saba S et al. (2016) Efficacy of Cryoballoon Pulmonary Vein Isolation in Patients With Persistent Atrial Fibrillation. J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol 27 (4): 423-427.
9. Irfan G, de Asmundis C, Mugnai G, Poelaert J, Verborgh C et al. (2016) One-year follow-up after second-generation cryoballoon ablation for atrial fibrillation in a large cohort of patients: a single-centre experience. Europace 18 (7): 987-993.
10. Boveda S, Metzner A, Nguyen DQ, Chun KRJ, Goehl K et al. (2018) Single-Procedure Outcomes and Quality-of-Life Improvement 12 Months Post-Cryoballo
11. Kirchhof P, Benussi S, Kotecha D, Ahlsson A, Atar D et al. (2016) 2016 ESC Guidelines for the management of atrial fibrillation developed in collaboration with EACTS. Eur Heart J 37 (38): 2893-2962.
12. Calkins H, Hindricks G, Cappato R, Kim YH, Saad EB et al. (2017) 2017 HRS/EHRA/ECAS/APHRS/SOLAECE expert consensus statement on catheter and surgical ablation of atrial fibrillation. Heart Rhythm 14 (10): e275-e444.
13. Mark DB, Anstrom KJ, Sheng S, Piccini JP, Baloch KN et al. (2019) Effect of Catheter Ablation vs Medical Therapy on Quality of Life Among Patients With Atrial Fibrillation: The CABANA Randomized Clinical Trial. JAMA
14. Weerasooriya R, Jais P, Le Heuzey JY, Scavee C, Choi KJ et al. (2003) Cost analysis of catheter ablation for paroxysmal atrial fibrillation. Pacing Clin Electrophysiol 26 (1 Pt 2): 292-294.
15. Rodgers MM, C. Palmer, S. Chambers, D. Van Hout, S. Golder, S., Pepper CT, D. Woolacott, N. (2008) Curative catheter ablation in atrial fibrillation and typical atrial flutter: systematic review and economic evaluation. Health Technol Asess 12 (34):
16. Reynolds MR, Zimetbaum P, Josephson ME, Ellis E, Danilov T et al. (2009) Cost-effectiveness of radiofrequency catheter ablation compared with antiarrhythmic drug therapy for paroxysmal atrial fibrillation. Circ Arrhythm Electrophysiol 2 (4): 362-369.
17. Assasi NB, G. Xie, F. Gaebel, K. Robertson, D. Hopkins, R. Healey, J. Roy, D. Goeree, R. (2010) Ablation Procedures for Rhythm Control in Patients with Atrial Fibrillation: Clinical and Cost-Effectiveness Analyses. Health Technology Assessment (HTA). 128
18. McKenna C, Palmer S, Rodgers M, Chambers D, Hawkins N et al. (2009) Cost-effectiveness of radiofrequency catheter ablation for the treatment of atrial fibrillation in the United Kingdom. Heart 95 (7): 542-549.
19. Khaykin Y, Wang X, Natale A, Wazni OM, Skanes AC et al. (2009) Cost comparison of ablation versus antiarrhythmic drugs as first-line therapy for atrial fibrillation: an economic evaluation of the RAAFT pilot study. J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol 20 (1): 7-12.
20. Aronsson M, Walfridsson H, Janzon M, Walfridsson U, Nielsen JC et al. (2015) The cost-effectiveness of radiofrequency catheter ablation as first-line treatment for paroxysmal atrial fibrillation: results from a MANTRA-PAF substudy. Europace 17 (1): 48-55.
21. Cost of follow-up treatment included AADs, subsequent ablation for patients initially on AADs, or cardiac events.
22. At 2 years based on evidence outside of Europe
23. Samuel M, Avgil Tsadok M, Joza J, Behlouli H, Verma A et al. (2017) Catheter ablation for the treatment of atrial fibrillation is associated with a reduction in health care resource utilization. J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol 28 (7): 733-741.
126680-191029 EMEA; 123104-200130 EMEA; 125888-191019 EMEA